Our home services are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (www.cqc.org.uk) which regulates, inspects and reviews all adult social care in England.
In September 2016 we had a visit from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as they undertook an inspection of our homecare services. This was a thorough inspection over two days and included visits to our customers in their homes, our office staff and talks with our home care stsaff.
We're really pleased to say that they rated us 'good' for caring and well led services. We recieved a rating of 'requires improvement' for effective, safe and responsive services. Our overall rating therefore is 'requires improvement'. You can read the full report here.
People told the CQC inpsectors they felt our staff treated them with kindness and compassion. Our staff were also praised for helping people to remain as independent as possible whilst still treating them with dignity and respect.
The CQC rated as 'good' the systems we have in place for monitoring the quality and safety of the service we provide and our management team was spoken of highly for being approachable and supportive.
We have some areas highlighted in the report taht we need to learn from and we have put a robust action plan in place to ensure our paperwork is of the same high quailty standard as teh care we deliver.
Here at SCA Care we are proud of the work we do helping people remain as independent as possible whilst treating them with dignity, kindness, compassion and respect. We are committed, as a team, to constantly reviewing and raising the quality of our work whilst always putting the person we care for ar the centre of our attention.
- All our care and support workers are subject to strict recruitment checks including enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks.
- We provide full induction training to equip our workers with the right information and skills
- We encourage all our staff to undertake the new Diploma in Social Care, and we have our own training division, SCA Quinn Centre, to ensure training is fully accessible.
- We encourage continuing professional development and regularly run additional training.
- We regularly supervise and monitor our care and support workers to ensure that they are fully supported and are committed to our high quality standards.
- We maintain the ISO 9001:2008 registration - Certificate No. AJA03/6854 this is a tried and tested framework ensuring that our services are consistently and systematically delivered to meet our customer's expectations.